Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is one of the TOP ranked Central University in India with “A’” Category NAAC accreditation and ranked 4th among central govt. universities. It is one of the largest residential universities in Asia with 13 faculties, 120 department and 38000 student in 1 academic session.
Aligarh Muslim University’s website has got outdated and they were facing a lot of challenges managing it like:
– It’s design was outdated and was not user friendly. It was not meeting any latest front end design requirements like mobile responsiveness, cross-device compatibility etc.
– Dynamism in back-end was missing. They have to do everything with static and unstructured code.
– Data structure, flow and representation were all mess.
– User management, Project management, News, dynamic content and deep reporting along with online attendance and fee payment was missing.
– Alumni registration, Staff services dashboard was not dynamic.
The new Aligarh Muslim University website has been designed to provide ultimate user-friendly experience with improved and fast navigation, functionality and security features.
Developed with the user experience in mind, the site includes many new features like :
* Look Ahead Navigation and Single page application experience to reduce the number of user clicks to navigate the site and no loading of entire page within page navigation.
* Rapid Response Functionality allowing the site to be compatible with all browsers and mobile devices. Website using latest technologies like Angular.js, Laravel, Bootstrap, MySQL, MVC etc.
* Better filtering and searching of relevant content, deep and diverse reporting and data driven approach.
* Dynamic and robust content management system (CMS) system. To create new role, user and any page, admin need not to write SINGLE line of code.
* User Authentication, 2-step verification, SMS integration.
* User friendly dashboard for leaves, Pay slip, online fee payment management etc,
It is far superior to the existing website. There was a need to have a new structured and data based improved website.
The multi-lingual website supporting the English, Hindi and Urdu languages is GIGW (Guidelines for Indian Government Websites) compliant and based on modern architecture.
– Prof Tariq Mansoor
Vice Chancellor, AMU
The new structured website was long awaited not only for advanced navigation application experience, rapid response functionality and superior filtering, but also to provide best for the users to engage with the university.
– Mr Abdul Hamid (IPS)
– Great improve user experience
– Drastically improved user experience.
– Mobile responsive and PIXEL perfect design.
– Multi-level dynamic user management of website with more than 15000 pages.
– Sharp Increase in user engagement and average time spent on website.
– Sharp decline in internal users’ complaints.
– Sharp decline in external user complaints. No broken page reported.
– Custom user/admin panels for most of the dept. like VC, PRO, Finance etc.